Thursday 4 August 2011

Interview: Sarah Henderson

Pesto Italian Restaurants Liverpool One deputy manager and Take That enthusiast Sarah Henderson took time out from opening restaurants and, er, 'sampling' Pesto's fine Italian wines to tell us about life at L1.

How long have you been part of the Pesto team?

Four and a half years now! I have worked in all three restaurants – I opened Trafford & Liverpool and am off next month to open Glasgow too.

What is the best thing about working for Pesto?

I have had the opportunity to really be part of something here; it’s a small company so you are far more than just another cog in the machine.

What is your favourite Pesto dish and drink?

Drink wise, I love the Pinot Grigio Blush. I wouldn’t like to count how many bottles I have drunk over the years! Food wise, I go through phases of which are my favourites! Bruschetta Pomodoro has always stayed pretty near the top though…and the Fiorentina pizza…oh and I do like the gamberoni peperoncino.

What's the funniest thing to have happened to you in the restaurant?

Oh too many things to remember! I have had brilliant teams of people in all three sites over the years, there’s been so many characters who have entertained me every day!

Which three celebrities (dead and alive) would you invite to dinner at Pesto?

I would love to say someone high brow to make me look intelligent and interesting, but to be honest my life would be made if Take That had come in while they were here! Am I allowed five? Just Robbie would be perfect if not.

What inspired you to become a manager?
I just developed a passion for it very early on in my career - I love the people in the industry and have loved developing and working with all different types of people.

After a meal at Pesto, what's the best thing to do in Liverpool?

You can’t go wrong with a nice glass of wine or two on the L1 terrace on a summer’s eve! 

What was the last show you went to and how was it?
I have been to both Take That and Kings of Leon this month in Manchester. Two very different concerts but both just amazing!

What does the next year at Pesto hold for you?

Hopefully I will just get to continue helping build the brand and, if I am lucky, get to spend a bit of time in some great cities opening a couple more great restaurants…..watch this space!


That's all for now peeps - keep your eyes peeled for Pesto's Picks for August tomorrow and our latest team member introduction next week! You can also check out our latest celebrity diner here - Debbie Harry at Pesto Italian Restaurants Liverpool One!

Keep up with Pesto Italian Restaurants Liverpool One Manchester and Glasgow on Facebook and Twitter - and don't forget when you come to visit to check in on FB or Foursquare!

http://facebook.com/pestorestaurants

http://twitter.com/pestorestaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment