Monday 24 October 2011

Pesto Italian Restaurants Glasgow has only been open for a little over a month, but in that time assistant manager Hanna Kerr has managed to familiarize herself with a number of Pesto cocktails! We caught up with Hanna to chat Glasgow at Christmas, Ryan Gosling, the Lion King and, of course, cocktails!

How long have you been part of the Pesto team?

Two and a half months

What is the best thing about working for Pesto?

It’s a small company with interaction with the owners which makes you feel you are part of something. The team we have here are all very friendly and good at their jobs, both of which make Pesto a good place to work.

What is your favourite Pesto dish and drink?

Pizzette Capra is my favourite dish and my favourite drink is a Mojito limonata, any mojito in my book is good but with limoncello in it makes it a bit different than the usual.

What's the funniest thing to have happened to you in the restaurant?

Coming to work on a daily basis and working with Francis, John and Hugh is pretty funny in itself as they all have great senses of humour and enjoy taking the mickey out of me too much!

Which three celebrities (dead or alive) would you invite to dinner at Pesto?

Ryan Gosling, if anyone has seen Crazy, Stupid Love they will understand why I chose him. Beyonce because I think she is amazing and I know Francis would be beside himself if she came to Pesto for dinner! Lastly, Heath Ledger as I would love to find out how he went about playing the joker and talk to him about The Dark Knight.

What inspired you to become a manager?

Restaurant work is something that I have been doing since I was 14 and it is something I am passionate about as someday in the future I hope to have my own restaurant. I was given the chance to become a manager at a very young age which I was very grateful for. Being able to teach people new things and skills and learn from managers that I work with is an inspiring thing. When the restaurant is full and has a great atmosphere, you can think to yourself I’m running this shift and it’s a great feeling.

After a meal at Pesto, what's the best thing to do in Glasgow?

Princes Square is great at night, especially at Christmas when its all lit up, and there are nights where you can learn to dance salsa. At Christmas, round the corner in George Square there is an ice skating rink which is great fun to go to with a group of friends, maybe before a few drinks though!

What was the last show you went to and how was it?

Yesterday I went to see the Lion King 3d, the stampede was brilliant in 3d but Mufasa dying really upset me! It was fun to see how much I could embarrass my friend by singing along to the songs only to turn and see she was singing along too!

What does the next year at Pesto Italian Restaurants Glasgow hold for you?

I am looking forward to growing the business and making people in Glasgow aware of how good the food and service is here.

There it is peeps; head to Pesto for mojitos before an ice-skating sesh, or is that the other way round...? You can check out the rest of our interviews with the Pesto team on our blog and meet the team page.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Gosling

http://www.lionking.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1570728/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyonc%C3%A9_Knowles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Ledger

http://www.princessquare.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment